ACTICOAT FLEX THREE ANTIMICROBIAL BARRIER DRESSING 5CM X 5CM PACK/5 (SN66800396)
- Brand: Smith&Nephew
- Product Code: SN66800396
Ex GST: AU$97.10
ACTICOAT FLEX THREE DAY ANTIMICROBIAL BARRIER DRESSING 5CM X 5CM
Acticoat* Flex is an effective antimicrobial barrier dressing consisting of a single layer of knitted polyester and coated in nanocrystalline† silver.
· Sustained (3 or 7 day) antimicrobial activity against a broad spectrum of wound pathogens including MRSA & Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
· Rapidly kills bacteria in as little as thirty minutes.
· Soft and highly flexible with stretch properties.
· Allows exudate transport through the dressing.
Contraindications / Precautions
· Do not use on patients with a known sensitivity to silver
· Do not use on a patient undergoing MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) examination
· Prior to administering radiation therapy, remove Acticoat Flex. A new dressing can be applied following treatment.
· Acticoat Flex is not compatible with oil-based products, such as petrolatum.
· Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements e.g. EEG and ECG.
· For external use only, for example do not apply the dressing to exposed organs.
· Acticoat Flex should only be used on premature infants (less than 37 weeks gestation) when the clinical benefit outweighs the potential risks.
· Acticoat Flex is not intended to provide sole treatment for infected wounds. Acticoat Flex may be used on infected wounds which are being managed per local clinical protocol.